THE WILKINSBURG LIBRARY IS CURRENTLY CLOSED FOR IN-PERSON SERVICES. WE ARE STILL OFFERING MANY VIRTUAL AND TOUCHLESS SERVICES.
The Wilkinsburg Public Library was founded in 1899 as a branch of the Braddock Library, the nation’s first of the prestigious Carnegie Libraries. Throughout its years, the library has moved to several different locations, and in 1940 moved to its current location and became an independent community library funded by the Borough of Wilkinsburg.
To expand our services, the Eastridge Branch library opened in December, 2003. A smaller replication of the main library with the same objectives, this facility is located at the opposite end of the Borough of Wilkinsburg.